Originally built as a grand mansion house for a wealthy cotton merchant in 1890 it was acquired by the Religious Sisters of Charity and used as a convent and care home until 2004.
The original building was so damaged through years of neglect and rot that nothing of the building could be retained other than the stone and brick shell.
Next Big Thing have converted the existing buildings into fantastic three and four bedroom houses as well as constructing 11 new-build houses within the gated grounds. The concept behind the overall design was to create a courtyard adjacent to the existing building with the new-build houses sitting neatly around this like small stable-blocks edging the yard of a grand house.
The sympathetically restored exterior of the building gives no hint as to the largely open plan modern interiors which attracted both owner-occupiers and investors to this exciting scheme.
Letting Fees Apply (£175):
- Inventory Check
- Deposit Registration
- Tenancy Set Up